Queensland Health (QH) required several geospatial services including development of a core water-related environmental health risk geodatabase, facilitation of internal and public sharing of situation awareness during events of public health concern, faster map production, and knowledge transfer and training to QH staff.
We used our development expertise to establish QH’s very first environmental health geodatabase from the ground up, and developed semi-automatic integration of an in-house notification events database. We also integrated QH’s data into a unified spatial database, to give functionality to QH staff for map querying and production.
- Geodatabase with potential for expansion into other areas of public health.
- Facilitation of web mapping.
- Knowledge transfer and training.
- Faster, more efficient querying of spatial relationships between events, facilities and populations at risk.
- Robust water systems information database.